Love Your Water Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
www.loveyourwater.co.uk (Website) is brought to you by Love Your Water Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales under company number 4395808 whose registered office address is at 23 Seeleys Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks HP9 1SZ. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation and all other relevant legislation, Love Your Water Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
What we collect
We want to do the right thing, so we have taken the necessary steps to keep your data safe and secure. When using our website and in every communication, this policy will explain how, why, what and where we store and manage your data.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We only use your data to enhance the experience you have with Love Your Water and for our internal record-keeping.
- We like to keep things simple, so won’t bombard you or confuse you with information you won’t understand.
- We do the right thing, so we’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
- You decide what you want to hear about – we won’t send you any spam.
Please read this notice carefully and ensure you understand all of it. If you do not accept and agree with the way we process your personal data you must let us know, using the contact details below.
What is personal data?
All data that relates to identifying an individual, directly or indirectly. This includes all data you have given to us or that we have collected up to now.
As a data user, you have rights under GDPR and how we use and process your data. The right to:
- be informed about how we collect and use your personal data
- access the personal data we hold on you
- rectify personal data we hold on you
- be forgotten, you have the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold on you
- restrict how we process your personal data
- obtain a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation
- object to us using your data for a particular purpose
If you would like to contact us regarding how we process your personal data, please contact us using the details below. We will do our best to solve the problem. If we are unable to help, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Why we have your data
We store your data as, at some point, you showed interest in, have purchased a water softener, applied to create a trade account or submitted your information via one of our group of websites, which include; www.loveyourwater.co.uk and www.the-saltman.com or any medium.
What data we collect
Personal information about you (such as your name, email address, phone number) will be obtained, whenever you complete forms on the Website.
We will also obtain personal information you provide when you send feedback, post material, contact us for any reason and by any medium, sign up to a service, make purchases through the website, share information via the Website’s social media functions, enter a competition, complete a survey or report a problem with the Website.
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal data from time to time. If such data is requested, you will be given additional information as to why the sensitive personal data is being requested and how it will be used.
We may retain a record of any contact you make with us.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her data
- receive on his/her behalf and data protection notices
- give consent to any transfer of his/her data
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
- recognise you whenever you visit the Website (this speeds up your access to the Website as you do not have to log on each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve the Website content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Consent (notification on home page)
Third party cookies
We work with third-party suppliers who may also set cookies on the Website which, for example, we may use to display video content. These third-party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our Website. If you want further information, please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The cookies that we utilise on our Website are placed to fulfil such functions as allowing visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms, analyzing how you use the Website and giving you a better more personalized experience.
Our Website uses the following cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
Some of the cookies we utilise on our website include:
This cookie is used to distinguish users who visit the website.
Source: Google Inc.
Duration: 2 years
This cookie is used to distinguish users who visit the website.
Source: Google Inc.
Duration: 24 hours
This cookie is used to throttle request rate.
Source: Google Inc.
Duration: 1 minute
This cookie contains campaign related information. Namely, it will set cookies where you interact with the adverts on our website, allowing us to track any conversions via AdWords Conversion Tags.
Source: Google Inc.
Duration: 90 days.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of the Website. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. For further information about cookies and how to disable them, see above or please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
What we do with your data
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to help identify you and any accounts you hold with Love Your Water;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment for purchases made through the Website;
- credit scoring and credit checking if applicable—see 'Credit checking', below;
- customising the Website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to the Website or to our services or products that may affect you;
- improving our services and products.
What is our lawful basis or ground for using your personal data?
Under laws that are designed to protect your personal data, we need to have what is called a lawful basis or ground each time we use, share or otherwise process your personal data.
We may also need to process your personal data to comply with any legal obligations which may be applicable. Likewise, we may process your personal data where this is in the public interest or it is to protect your vital interests, but this will only be in rare circumstances.
In most cases, our processing of your personal data is necessary for the 'legitimate' or 'contractual' performance of our services to you.
Certain uses of your personal data, or other processing activities, may not be strictly necessary to perform our services to you, however, they may be necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party. They may also be in your interests.
When we say "legitimate interests", we mean our (or a third party's) interests in enabling us to provide our services to you as efficiently and securely as possible. For example, we may choose to use a third party to store your personal data; we may do this in part because our use of that service means that your personal data is more secure.
Marketing and opting out
If you have provided your consent to receive news, special offers or promotions from us, we may contact you by mail, telephone, sms, text/picture/video message, email, about products, services, promotions, special offers and charitable causes that may be of interest to you.
We may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by mail, telephone, sms, text/picture/video message, email, about products, services, promotions, special offers and charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
Purchasing a water softener
If you go on to purchase a water softener, we will store your data for up to 15 years or as long a you have an account with us as this allows us to contact you regarding any servicing information and means your details are on file if you have any queries.
If you go through the demonstration and/or installation process, but don’t go onto purchase a water softener, we will delete your data after six years. This means if you call up again to get a quote, we will use the previous information stored on you – but won’t use the data to contact you again.
If you express no interest in getting a water softener, we will delete the data you entered within three months after it was entered via either the website, phone, email, written letter or any other means.
Once you have submitted the details via our website, leaflet response or call we will try to make contact with you. If we can’t contact you first time, we will keep trying by using different means such as calling, emailing and texting. We will try to contact you regularly for up to four weeks after you have submitted your information, until we can get hold of you. This is due to your legitimate interest in getting information about a water softener. After four weeks, your lead will be marked as ‘buried’ and we will no longer contact you.
Trade account holders
If you register as a trade account holder, we will hold your details on our internal system until you tell us otherwise. By being a Love Your Water trade account holder, we have your details on file as we have a business contract with you.
Occasionally we send emails to our trade account holders. There will always be an option at the bottom of these to unsubscribe, however if you want to manage your data at any time please email email@example.com.
We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under GDPR at all times. Our use of personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it’s necessary for our performance of a contract with you or because it is in our legitimate interest to offer you services that we reasonably believe you will have an interest in obtaining from us.
We may use your data for the following purposes
- to make contact with you via phone when showing your interest in purchasing a water system or any of our products. This will be via the number you enter on our website, via phone, email, in the reply card from our leaflet etc.
- to contact you in reply to a job application
- to contact you after submitting your information via our websites
- to send goods purchased via the website or our stores to supply you with the requested services
- to send email notifications and/or letters about servicing requirements regarding softeners or drinking water systems purchases from Love Your Water
- to provide and manage service contracts with you
- to reply to emails from you
- we only use the data to benefit you. We will not send any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure we fully protect your rights
- you have the right to object to our legitimate interest and request that we delete it at any time.
How we store your data
We only store your data for as long as you have an account with us and/or as long as you consent for us to do so. Your data is stored as we offer a service and product to you, so it’s there just in case we need it to contact you.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Please note that we review all processors we utilise and ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data, such as adherence to binding corporate rules or compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, which is a mechanism that ensures compliance with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. You can learn more about Privacy Shield here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Do we share your data?
Your data is solely used for business purposes. We will not share your information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies that become partners or part of a group with Love Your Water Limited
- a third party who acquires Love Your Water Limited or acquires substantially all of its assets, in which case the personal data shall be one of the acquired assets
- our agents and service providers in order to fulfill your order, or request to us to provide information
We will also disclose your personal data if it is requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities while using this service or otherwise are compelled to do so by law.
Third Party Links
You mind find links to third party websites on our websites. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
How can you control your data?
When we collect your Personal Data, you may be given options to restrict our use of your data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details).
At any time, you can go onto the preference centre on our website to update / delete the data we hold on you.
If you unsubscribe from our email communications, we will delete the email address associated with it. All service agreements will be sent to you via written letter to the address associated with your customer ID.
How you can help keep your personal information secure
What you can do to keep your information safe
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
How can you access your data?
You can change your mind or remove or add your consent at any time.
- You have the right of access to your personal records or other information that we hold about you. There is no administrative charge for this service
- You have the right to rectify any errors in the data we hold about you. If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out of date, please contact us and we will correct this immediately.
- You have the right to have the data we hold about you erased
- If you wish us to continue to store your information but wish us to keep your data separate and not process it in any way, please let us know
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also specify that you object to direct marketing by particular channels such as by email of telephone. If this is the case, please specify the channels you are objecting to in your communications with us
- You have the right to data portability. If you wish to obtain your data for your own purposes across different services, we will provide this information to you in a CSV file. There is no administrative charge for this service
- You have the right to object to any direct marketing
To revise your consent, access, amend or remove your records or assert any of your rights set out above, you should send your request in writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to provide proof of identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and specify the personal data you want access to, amended or removed.
Love Your Water Limited only offers services to individuals over the age of 18. In using our services, you confirm that you have read and consented to this Policy and verify that you are over the age of 18.
How long we will store your data
We will store your data for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing. The data may be deleted in the following circumstances:
- You have withdrawn your consent to data processing
- The original purpose for processing the data is no longer relevant or cannot be performed any more.
- The data is no longer up to date or accurate.
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you use the Website.
Data Protection Supervisory Authority
The Data Protection Supervisory Authority in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office. Should you have any complaints about the way we handle your data, you may direct them to the ICO. More information on the ICO can be found on their website here: https://ico.org.uk